Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Super Easy Crock Pot Teriyaki Chicken


I think this is the easiest thing I have ever "cooked". (I use the term very loosely here)

What you need:
1 - 1 1/2 pounds frozen boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/2 bottle Honey Teriyaki Marinade (Lawry's or KC Masterpiece - can't remember now)
1 cup of chicken stock

Directions:
Put hunk of frozen chicken in crockpot. Dump marinade and stock on top. Now for the hard part... Program crockpot to start cooking on low in about 6 hours so the chicken has time to defrost. I cooked mine on low for 2 hours and then on warm for another 2 hours or so. It was perfect - moist and juicy. FWIW I think 4 hours on low might have dried it out too much.

Serve with buttered noodles and veggies if you have anyone that will eat them.

This is a blog hop!

4 comments:

  1. That actually sounds like something I could cook. And that is saying a lot

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! Super simple and I bet it's great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love teriyaki chicken. At home, we usually just make the sauce and then boil the chicken in it. But, I love your no mess no fuss little effort method.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be a wimp. Talk to me!