Thursday, May 21, 2009

Confessions of a Cheapskate

My name is the Half Assed Housewife and I am a cheapskate. I can't help it. It's an urge I can't control. Checkers around Frisco call me "The Coupon Lady" behind my back.

Now, you're probably asking yourself "How does she know what they call her behind her back?"

Well you see, my kid is friends with the spawn of the "Coupon Nazi" from my favorite Target. You know the one who acts like your coupons are being deducted directly from her paycheck, and who thinks you must be stealing because you are getting your stuff so cheap. I love it when my worlds collide :)

I am planning on sharing some of my better deals on this blog so that others can earn the scorn of cashier's around town. Without further adieu, here is the deal of the day.

Kroger has Dr. Pepper and Pepsi 12 Packs on sale 5 for $11 with $10 additional purchase. I hit a gold mine and found $1 off peelies on the 12 packs of sunkist which brought them down to $1.20 a pack and $1 off of 2 Dr. Pepper coupons which facilitated my fix for the low price of $1.70 a pack.

Now let me warn you, this deal is one per transaction. I give you this admonition because the sign either sucks or I am a complete idiot. I will go with the first one because it sounds better. Needless to say I had to return and repurchase 10 of them because the computer hates me at Kroger. That's my story and I am sticking to it.

While you are there, pick up free Kraft BBQ sauce and 50 cent canisters of Kool-Aid by using coupons from http://www.kraftfoods.com/kf/kraftcoupons.aspx. I'm sure there were other deals but these were the two that I eyeballed while walking through the store for my dinner supplies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be a wimp. Talk to me!