Have I mentioned I am stoked about the prospect of having to spend $20 bucks on pre-made crap to take to school? My only other thought is I could make something but that would take forever and I am pretty sure anything home made is banned from public school at this point.
Then my little princess rescues me by saying, "We can make Rice Krispy Treats! Nobody believes you make them yourself and they taste better than the ones the Rice Crispy people make. Baron's mom brings cookies from home all of the time."
Wait this isn't being rescued. It's straight up manipulation. Dang I have taught her well. She presented me with an opportunity to save money, hooked me in with a compliment, and started reeling me in with the Baron's mom challenge. She is good. Really, really good.
So what can I say... we made Rice Krispy Treat's the half-assed way.
- Throw 3/4 of a stick of butter in a big pasta pot.
- Add a splash of vanilla (this is the secret ingredient)
- Dump a 1 pound bag of Marshmallows in.
- Stir over low heat until the butter and marshmallows are melted and gooey.
- Throw in 9 cups* of crisp rice cereal and stir to coat.
- If you love yourself, spread this out in a pan that is lined with non stick foil.
All of this for about $3 and 5 minutes of work. M-Dub will be measuring and cutting the cooled treats. We will call that math. She will also be putting them all in Ziploc Bags. We'll call that me being lazy. I will be a good parent and make sure she washes her hands first
* Half-Assed Hint: When you are bored measure how much stuff your cereal bowls hold. Mine hold 3 cups exactly. When ever I need 3 cups of something I just grab a cereal bowl and fill it up.