I have had a bug up my butt to make flour tortillas for a while, but had not worked up the nerve to try. I found a recipe online and decided to give it a go today because I wanted tortillas, had no tortillas and didn't want to spend $2 on the package.
First the good:
- I only put about 25 cents worth of ingredients into the recipe.
- I made sure Big Chocolate was occupied so he wouldn't see what I was doing and make fun of me.
- Mar Dub and I had fun playing with the dough.
- We got to use our imaginations.
- We got to identify a couple of the continents made out of tortilla.
Now the bad:
- Big Chocolate finished his movie early.
- And made much, much fun of me.
- The tortillas were awful
I am pretty sure the error was in the cooking, not necessarily the dough making. Obviously shape is a problem, but if I can figure out how to cook them, then I'll buy a tortilla press to make them nice and round.