Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Fun With Old People

It's like I can see 40 years into Big Chocolate's and my future.
  • Friend's mom has glaucoma surgery a few weeks ago.
  • Friend's mom enjoys wearing Lee Press on Nails.
  • Glue for Press on Nails comes in a bottle similar enough in shape for a blind 80 year old to get confused and think it is eye drops.
  • Blind 80 year old doesn't discover it's not eye drops until she has glued BOTH eyelids shut.
  • Blind 80 year old solicits boyfriend's assistance unglueing eyelids with nail polish remover.

Apparently she can still "see" and no emergency medical assistance was actually required. If it was ever in doubt, I am pretty sure I will never wear Lee Press on Nails again. I could never get them on straight when I was a kid anyway. I'm pretty sure Big Chocolate would refuse to participate in the unglueing of the eyelids. I might try the finger nail polish remover myself, but I doubt it. I think I'm too big of a chicken.

4 comments:

  1. Had I not spent the evening with my future, I would think this absurd. But I did, so I get it. Worst part--I do not think it wil be long before I am there, and I am only 37. The world is moving too fast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! So glad I never used fake nails. I so would do something like that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That hurts me and I wasn't even there. Sheesh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man. To be a fly on the wall for that one. So glad it all turned out OK. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be a wimp. Talk to me!