Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Works For Me Wednesday - Coupon Organizing


You might have noticed that I'm a Coupon Whore! When making multiple stops throughout the week I use a colored paper clip to keep coupons together for each store. Target coupons are bundled with a red paper clip. Tom Thumb with a Blue, etc. If you want to go wild, you can even paper clip a small shopping list with your coupons so you don't forget the other stuff you need from that store. I keep all of this in my SMALL plastic coupon organizer. In my obscenely expensive purse. Sorry had to point out the irony.

I like doing it this way because I always used to hand the cashier at least one coupon from the wrong store and then they think your an idiot (or worse - like your stealing). It also allows me to sit down with the ads on Wednesday and Sunday and plan my trips for the week. That way when I find myself near the stores I need to go to I can just pop in and have everything ready to go.

3 comments:

  1. Ooohh...great idea. I like using paperclips as opposed to the typical coupon organizers...they take up so much room. But I am not a "coupon whore" so I don't have that many...YET! hehe...thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea!!! I always have just a jumbled mess of coupons when I go to the store & I seem to never be able to find the one at need!!! I will try the paper clip trick!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be a wimp. Talk to me!