Saturday, June 13, 2009

Confessions

Father forgive me for I have sinned. It's been 1766 weeks since my last confession. (I turn 34 in 2 weeks. Do the math.) This week I went to Target and grocery shopped with reckless abandon. (I wonder if you spell wreckless with an r or a w. Hopefully spell check will save me here.)

I was just too tired to do any better. I dropped off my un-camper's prescription and just bought crap without regard to price or nutritional value. I didn't buy a single generic item or use a single coupon. I didn't worry about what I could get on sale somewhere else. I just wandered the isles and loaded up.

There was a pre-cooked rotisserie chicken, frozen chicken cordon bleu, taco shells, and eggos oh my. I don't think I have cooked any real food in over a week. If I'm honest, next week isn't looking much better. On the one hand I only spent $60, but on the other I know how much high quality food I could have gotten if I had just given a damn and put in an extra hour of work.

Next week, I am going to be proactive. I am going to cook dammit. I'm heading to Central Market this morning to get one of their $15 lasagnas. The package says Take and Bake so it counts right???

1 comment:

  1. This is all sounding very familiar to me! The way I look at it is, if it's cheaper than eating fast food then it's home cooked enough for me! A $15 lasagna will feed me and my husband for at least 2 or 3 meals where 15 bucks at burger king is one meal. :)

    ReplyDelete

Don't be a wimp. Talk to me!