Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Parent Complaints

The following is a test of the Half Assed Housewife bitching alert system...

I teach college economics. Alot. Often at 3 different schools during the same semester. I have pissed off alot of people with my sparkling personality. I have had students say I'm rude. Really I'm just sarcastic at their expense. Never (before today that is) have I had a parent complain to my boss about my teaching ability when their child has a 100 in my class. It's not like everyone in the class has 100, just 3 students.

What a buzz kill. I will now be reading from powerpoints for 2 hours 5 days a week at my boss' direction so that the same kid can make a 60 on the next test. Then I am sure the same parent will complain that I am teaching way too much material for their precious child to handle in the constraints of a summer school class.

Needless to say, I think I just retired from teaching at Community College. Four-year Universities are the way to go. They pay twice as much. The students tend to give a damn. I've never had anyone's mommy complain, and my bosses there care about how much my students learn, not how long I teach.

I now return you to your regularly scheduled programming.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be a wimp. Talk to me!