Monday, June 8, 2009

Worlds Shortest Week at Camp

So, I don't know what I have done to draw the ire of the puking gods, but for the second time in as many days I found myself rubbing someone's back and telling them it would be OK while they tried to recreate the famed scene from the Exorcist.

I promise you, after driving almost 3 hours to church camp, dropping off the luggage, within the first 30 seconds out of the car, it was time to turn around and head back 3 hours home. Luckily he slept the whole way home instead of giving an encore performance. Jesus does love me.

By the time we got home, C-Diddy was running a fever of 104. So off we go for a late night visit at the ER. I tried to hold my breath for 2 1/2 of the 3 hours we were there, but I don't think I was successful. I'm sure I will be posting about our adventures with the plague in a few days.

By 1 AM when we were released from the hospital with an assload of antibiotics, he was feeling just fine and wide awake. Of course he was. He slept the entire six hours in the car. I on the other hand was ready to evaporate I was so exhausted.

Now not to seem too self-centered here, I was really, really, really looking forward to this week with only one kid at home and thus no fighting to deal with. So if anyone knows of any camps for incoming sixth graders within driving distance of DFW that cost less than $700, please let me know. All three of the ones I have found so far are the same week he is supposed to be out of town with the grandparents.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be a wimp. Talk to me!