Friday, August 14, 2009

Random Fact

Let me preface what is about to follow by saying I am a really smart person. I have an IQ in the ballpark of 150. I don't usually go bragging about that, but I need to make sure everyone understands that even though I am about to sound like Jessica Simpson's stupid sister, I really am a bright girl. I just get confused sometimes.

In addition to getting people mixed up which ultimately led to the untimely death of James Brown, I get national landmarks mixed up. Up until, oh about 3 years ago, I thought the Grand Canyon and Niagara Falls were in the same place.

I wasn't real firm on their location, but I knew they were together. Apparently I am the only person on the continent who has had trouble with this one, but I admit it. I thought Niagara Falls tumbled over the Grand Canyon.

Doesn't it make sense that a big ass waterfall would go over the edge of a big ass canyon? Obviously my parents weren't real big on road trips and I pretty much coasted through Geography, but surely someone out there can follow me on the logic. I'm not saying you have to admit that you thought they belonged together. I'm just looking for someone, anyone who can see how I could get there...

2 comments:

  1. It's a stretch, but I guess I could understand tha! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I sure cannot throw stones. I have the similar big honking IQ but I still asked in high school once, why trees are given out for Armistice Day. Dear God. What a fool

    ReplyDelete

Don't be a wimp. Talk to me!