Monday, August 10, 2009

Yum

Look what I made yesterday! I made Peach Cobbler:

Yes, I realize that half of the food is gone in these photos, but I had to make sure it wasn't poisonous. I've made the peach cobbler before. I usually leave out about a 1/4 cup of the juice from the can so it isn't too runny. I also have to cook it for almost a full hour to get it all the way done. No, it isn't burnt on top, it's cinnamon. Unfortunately with me cooking it is a legitimate question.

The potatoes were great and so easy to make!!! I left out the green onions in the recipe because if C-Diddy sees green he starts picking it out immediately. Mar-Dub didn't like them because she doesn't do swiss cheese. By the time she made that proclamation I decided not to even try to make C-Diddy try them. I saved them for the grown ups instead of wasting them on the pallate of my unsophisticated children.

On a funny note the official recipe title for the potatoes is "Five Minute Potato Gratins" or some such while the prep time is listed as 15 minutes on the recipe.

4 comments:

  1. Hey, I left an award for you on my blog...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, they both look yummy! I'd love the recipe for the potatoes...and I'd totally leave the green onions in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I linked to the recipe for the potatoes (assuming I didn't screw up). My links are green :)

    I hope you like them as much as I did. Salt them well since they are potatoes and I went with 2 TBSP of cream in each instead of just one. I'm sure it made them twice as good.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be a wimp. Talk to me!